Last updated on December 10th, 2020 at 07:06 pm
It is a common question to a vast number of people that why does my toilet whistle? Are you concern about it? No need to tense more. In most sanitary systems, the soft sound of water dripping and flowing through the pipe is a natural phenomenon. But if it often sounds like violent or harsh like a whistle, that’s intolerable. A yelping sound indicates an internal problem, and maximum time it causes the valve fill problem. I will discuss my experiences with you, the reason why does my toilet whistles when I flush, and what’s the best solution for this problem. Hopefully, you don’t miss this ultimate guide.
- 1 The Reason for the Toilet Whistling
- 2 How to fix a whistling toilet
- 3 Process of valve replacement
- 4 How to eliminate the calcium around the pipe
- 5 What will happen if ignored whistling sounds
- 6 Why still the toilet whistle?
- 7 FAQs:
The Reason for the Toilet Whistling
Typically, whistling can occur from a faulty valve fill. Prolonged use may cause internal problems with the fill valve. As a result, the toilet making a hissing noise and whistling as well. It may sound annoying in your bathroom from the vibration of a faulty valve. Do you use metal ballcock into your bathroom then it will vibrate during the toilet tank filling? Primarily, because of the fill valve, the metal ballcock is vibrating.
Similarly, this problem may occur because of the gasket is outdated. Overall, you can be sure the toilet making high pitched noise because of these crucial factors below-
- Maybe the gasket is outdated and fills the valve that needs a new gasket.
- You have to buy a new fill valve.
- Leaking problem in toilet valve
- Because calcium accumulates around the inside of the pipe.
How to fix a whistling toilet
Before setting, you must confirm what is causing the problem. However, information and inquiries indicate that this is mostly due to toilet fil valves. Let’s know the most discussing fil valve problem fixing.
Water supply valve checking:
If the water flow inside the pipe is interrupted, the toilet whistles sound. So, you have to check the water pipe. The knob location to the backside of the toilet and near to the floor. Thus, the child can quickly turn off the valve. As a result, you will find the toilet whistling. Turn the knob counterclockwise. If the problem still has, then open the lid of the toilet tank and observe.
Checking the fill valve:
When you are sure that the whistling doesn’t come from the water supply valve, then check the fill valve. Usually, the fill plug is using for the old toilet metal ballcock valve. The fill valve is on the left side of the toilet. Flush the shower once and try to hear where from the harassing sounds coming. If it comes from the fill valve, then observe that there is anything that creates barrage. Often calcium or mineral accumulates around the fill valve. These elements prevent water flow. You might take proper steps to eliminate calcium and minerals.
Replacing the fill valve:
After checking the fill valve, flush the toilet again and check if the whistle has or not? What do you notice? Is it whistling until now? It is time to replace the fill valve. If you are using the old ballcock valve, you can change only the gasket and remove the annoying sounds. A new fill valve comes with inexpensive plastic materials. But the plastic ball clock has less possibility to create whistle in the future. The plastic lid doesn’t make additional sounds while vibrating. Moreover, the new valve is more efficient and will save your water and water bill as well.
So, have you decided to replace a new fill valve? Don’t worry; it is more comfortable as you don’t think. I am sharing the complete process of valve replacement.
Process of valve replacement
2) Wipe the water tank with a sponge or cotton towel correctly and apart from the old water supply from the container.
3) Remove the fill tube, which belongs to an overflow pipe.
4) In this step, remove the old tank screws.
5) Remove the old fill valve and replace the new one.
6) Tightened the lock button of fill valve underneath the tank
7) Use a wrench and reconnect the water supply pipe again and turn on the water flowing valve.
8) You can follow the instruction which comes with proper use guidelines.
9) You can use a clip and adjust a few floats.
10) Wait until the tank will fill correctly and flush the toilet once again. What are you seeing? There have not any whistling sounds. Congrats! Because you have successfully done it.
If you have felt the problem yet, then I have a suggestion for you to contact a good plumber company who can help you.
How to eliminate the calcium around the pipe
First of all, you have to know if the toilet whistle sounds create because of a calcium deposit. Follow the outside of the pipe and notice if there any white color element; you can be sure that these elements also have inside the pipe. Calcium accumulates in the inner part of the tube and, at one point, prevents pipe blockage or water flow. Above all it is responsible for the toilet makes loud noise randomly.
If you don’t notice the white calcium outside the pipe, you can’t think that there was no calcium inside. Because calcium can build into inside the tube, but to make sure, turn off the water supply and remove the screws of one part of the toilet box.
Calcium removing method Steam:
Steam is the most potent process to remove the simple calcium deposit. The hot steam will help you to soften and loosen the solid materials that are in it. Moreover, as the steam conducts through the pipe, the calcium deposits are broken into the veins.
High powered water flow:
High-Power water flow can also break the deposit in several parts as like the steam method. Anyway, stay careful during pressure creating. Because overpressure can occur during the pipe break.
Several effective cleaners such as phosphoric acid, glycine, and barium nitrate are available in the market. This high-power chemical can break the deposits. In this case, you may use white vinegar also.
What will happen if ignored whistling sounds
Maybe you would like to tolerate this problem and even tolerate it day after day. But it is highly recommended to remove the noises. If you ignore toilet whistling sounds, you might have faced several difficulties in using the bathroom. As a result, you will suffer mentally and financially because continuous noisy sounds are naturally boring for a person. The most critical problems you may feel from a prolonged-lasting whistling are figure out here.
- You have to endure this annoying noise every day
- Fill valves with gaskets will gradually become obsolete.
- As well as you have to use more water than regular use while flashing.
- So, the water bill will increase
- Shirking and falling of the fill valve
- Fill valve might run continuously and instantly as well
As a concise guy, never, you should ignore this problem. Though the replacement or new valve installing seems so much easier, sometimes it might occur several problems. Most importantly, keep in mind that a wrong installation may have an expense, your thousands of dollars. Think before installing the fill valve or a new gasket. In this case, you can contact an expert plumber company. There’s specialist team might help to install and replace.
Why still the toilet whistle?
If your toilet still makes noise, then you have thought a few advanced checking processes. Mostly this can happen from a faulty flapper. Remove the toilet lid and check the flapper. Fix the flapper to solve this problem. Add a new flapper and check the toilet flush again.
1) How do you know if your fill valve is bad?
In three ways, you can know that your toilet fill valve has trouble and need to replace it.
- Your toilet will run continuously means the fill valve is damage.
- The toilet will not flush, even flush will be very week.
- The toilet tank will not appropriately be filled, if fill, it takes a long time.
2) How do you adjust the float on a toilet?
The ball rod has to be set afloat on a toilet. And you will need a screw to connects into them. To reduce the water level of the tank, you have to rotate the screw clockwise. Similarly, to raise the water level, the ball must increase, and the screw turned in opposite directions.
So, hopefully, you have got all of the reason and solution of unnecessary toilet whistling. You have not to worry in the future about why does my toilet whistling. If you can follow the above guides, I can ensure from my experience that you can figure out all of your toilet whistles problems and even solve them by yourself. Is this post being useful you can share with your friends or relatives?